Where I Am Wednesday - October 4, 2017

4 October 2017
This week finds me focusing entirely on my manuscript of Fate's Arrangement. I am a little more than half-way through my revisions. This past weekend, I finished rewriting chapter 5. Originally it was mostly summary of events that take place off-screen (so to speak), with some action once my main character Cristiana gets to her destination. Those off-screen summaries are now on-screen scenes, and the chapter is much better for it. 
It takes less time to revise my work than it does to initially write it, so I am now able to work at  faster pace and more frequently. When I am writing a first draft, I can only write when both of my children are napping. This gives me about two hours per day. I could write after they go to bed at night as well, but, let's face it, after taking care of them all day, by the time they go to bed, I'm ready for bed. No that I'm in the revision process, I can work while they play because revising does not require me to have absolute quiet (though it definitely helps). Once the revisions are complete, I will move on to editing, and then it will be time for publishing! 
As publishing time approaches, be on the lookout for sneak peeks of the manuscript. I will be doing readings via my YouTube channel of some of the best parts. To keep up to date with the latest, subscribe to my mailing list. 

Comments

Popular Posts